Special Issue: City Logistics
Special issue: City Logistics
EURO Journal on Transportation and Logistics
Guest editors: Teodor Gabriel Crainic and Dominique Feillet
- Deadline to submit manuscripts: July 15, 2013
- Publication date: September 01, 2014
Urban distribution has emerged in the last two decades as an important concern for many cities, freight carriers, logistics service providers, retailers, and citizens. Many new forms of distribution and freight transportation organization and management have been proposed and sometimes experimented to adapt to new expectations of citizens and new collective goals of urban sustainable development. Compared to traditional schemes, many new challenges appear for the Operational Research community, including, but not limited to
- the numerous new forms of urban freight transportation that should be explored and evaluated,
- the development of appropriate planning models and methods for City Logistics systems,
- the integration of City Logistics into the planning of urban transportation networks,
- the major opportunities offered by telematics (Intelligent Transportation Systems) to better organize and manage the traffic and transportation systems in general,
- the way sustainability can be better integrated into decisions.
The aim of this special issue is to report on new models and insights on the application of OR to City Logistics. Papers that take special care of practical considerations (e.g., availability of data, stakeholder objectives, new rules in cities..) and that tend to provide a generic understanding of the challenges raised by City Logistics will be particularly appreciated.
In order to submit a paper for a Special Issue,
- Log on the editorial manager using the Author Login.
- Select Submit New Manuscript in the main menu.
- In the drop down list associated with Choose Article Type, select the desired special issue. The entries corresponding to the special issues start with SI.
Last Updated (Tuesday, 26 March 2013 16:59)
Colleagues from INESC Technology and Science and CITTA (Faculdade de Engenharia de Universidade do Porto) together with IDMEC (Instituto Superior Técnico de Lisboa) are honoured to host the 16th annual meeting of Euro Working Group on Transportation to be held on September, 4 - 6, 2013. The local organizers would like to encourage you to participate in the next meeting in the city of Porto, Portugal, at FEUP campus. The format consists of contributed papers covering a wide range of topics to be presented in poster and oral sessions. In addition, a selection of special thematic sessions will be promoted. We hope the structure of the conference will provide a stimulating environment to exchange results and ideas as well as to promote the interaction between participants namely through social events and technical tours. We wish you an enjoyable and rewarding conference and welcome you to Porto, a city that provides a wealth of attractions in arts, cultural events as well as historic and modern sights. We look forward to seeing you!
Jorge Freire de Sousa, Jorge Pinho de Sousa, Álvaro Costa, Tiago Farias and Sandra Melo.
The submission process comprises four steps:
For more information please visit the web site: http://www.ewgt2013.com/
Last Updated (Monday, 24 December 2012 10:42)