Aims and Scope
Main targets of the EWGT concern providing a forum to share informations and experiences of research activities, encouraging joint research and the development both of theoretical methods and applications, promoting the cooperation among different institutions and organisations, leaders at national level in the field of traffic, transportation and logistic systems.
Primary field of interest concerns OR methods, mathematical models and computation algorithms to solve and support the solution of problems faced by public administrations, city authorities, public transport companies, service providers, logistic operators and so on.
Related areas of interest are:
- land-use and transportation planning
- traffic control and simulation models
- traffic network equilibrium models
- public transport planning and management
- applications of combinatorial optimization
- vehicle routing and scheduling
- intelligent transportation systems
- logistics and freight transportation
- environment problems
- impact evaluation methods.